We’ll never do anything that harms your privacy. Please read these terms carefully.
As any other company or service provider we need terms that regulate the use of our services. To use Compass.To you have to create an account first and agree to our terms and rules.
To make our terms more easily comprehensible for you, we decided to create 11 simple commandments, which you can always keep in mind easily.
The 11 Commandments of Compass.To
- These terms form a legally binding agreement between you and us. Take the time to read them carefully.
- To use Compass.To you have to create an account by providing your real name and information. You will not use Compass.To if you are under 13.
- If you post your content on Compass.To, it still belongs to you but we can show it to people and we and others can use it. Copies of content shared with others may remain even after you delete the content from your account.
- We respect copyrights and personal rights (right of privacy, right to the use of the personal image etc.), and expect you to do the same. Before sharing content on Compass.To, please be sure you have the right to do so.
- The content in your or other users compasses (playlist) may link to content off of the Compass.To-Website. If you access any third party website, you do so at your own risk. We’re not responsible for any third-party website, service, or content.
- If we are sued because of something you do on Compass.To, you have to pay our costs.
- If you violate these terms, we have the right to suspend or disable your access to or use of the Service. We also reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue the Service at any time.
- The Service is provided “as is” and Compass.To makes no warranty or representation to you with respect to them. We’re not liable for various things.
- If you want to sue us, you have to do it in New York.
- If we’re making a big change to the terms, we’ll let you know.
1. Your relationship with Compass.To
Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- Your use of Compass.To and any Compass.To products, channels, software, data feeds and services provided to you on or from or through the App/Website by Compass.To (collectively the “Service”) is subject to the terms of a legal agreement between you and Compass.To. “Compass.To” means Hugleberry Corp., whose principal place of business is at 184 Kent Avenue, New York, NY 11211, United States.
- The Terms form a legally binding agreement between you and Compass.To in relation to your use of the Service. It is important that you take the time to read them carefully.
- The Terms apply to all users of the Service, including users who are also contributors of Content, on the Service. “Content” includes the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features and other materials you may view on, access through or contribute to the Service.
- For your account registration we provide you an electronic registration document, which you have to fill out completely and truthfully.
- When registering, you will not provide any false personal information (name, contact information etc.), or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission
- You will not use the Service if you are under 13.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Compass, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a username infringes trademark rights).
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
3. Rights you licence to Compass.To
- You retain all of your ownership rights in your Content, but you are required to grant limited licence rights to Compass.To and other users of the Service.
- When you upload or post Content to Compass.To, you grant:
- to Compass.To, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence (with right to sub-licence) to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that Content in connection with the provision of the Service and otherwise in connection with the provision of the Service and Compass.To’ business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels;
- to each user of the Service, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such Content to the extent permitted by the functionality of the Service and under these Terms.
- This License ends when you delete your Content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, respectively you shared them with “Public”. So you understand and agree that any removed Content may remain with users who have previously accessed or downloaded your Content. That applies in particular for Content you post in connection with creating a “Spot”, because such Spot-Content is always “Public”.
4. Content and Rules
- As a condition of use, you promise not to use the Service for any purpose that is prohibited by these Terms. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it. Compass.To does not endorse any Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and Compass.To expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Content.
- By way of example, and not as a limitation, you shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) either (a) take any action or (b)upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content on or through the Service, including without limitation any User Submission, that:
- infringes any copyright, trademark, personal right, patent, trade secret, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty;
- you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, pornographic, offensive, contains or depicts sexual activity, promotes bigotry, discrimination or violence, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by Compass.To in its sole discretion;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (“spamming”);
- involves commercial activities (whether or not for profit) and/or sales without Compass.To’s prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, worms, logic bombs or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, disable, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of Compass.To or any third party;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Compass.To;
- includes anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information.
5. Protecting Other People’s Rights
- You represent and warrant that you have (and will continue to have during your use of the Service) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions which are required to enable Compass.To to use your Content for the purposes of the provision of the Service by Compass.To, and otherwise to use your Content in the manner contemplated by the Service and these Terms.
- You agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain any third party copyright material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights (including rights of privacy or rights of publicity), unless you have a formal licence or permission from the rightful owner, or are otherwise legally entitled, to post the material in question and to grant Compass.To the licence referred to in paragraph 3.2 above.
- We can remove any content or information you post on Compass.To if we believe that it violates these Terms or our policies, at any time, without prior notice and at our sole discretion. If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- If you see something on Compass.To that you believe violates our terms or your rights (copyrights, trademark, personal rights etc), you should report it to us. Please keep in mind that reporting a piece of content does not guarantee that it will be removed from the site. We provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights. To learn more, visit our How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement page.
6. Third party links
Compass.To may contain links to third-party websites, advertisers, services, special offers, or other events or activities that are not owned or controlled by us. We do not endorse or assume any responsibility for any such third-party sites, information, materials, products, or services. If you access any third party website, service, or content from Compass.To, you do so at your own risk and you agree that Compass.To will have no liability arising from your use of or access to any third-party website, service, or content.
The above obligations shall not apply if you are not responsible for the violation of rights in question.
- You may end your legal agreement with Compass.To at any time for any reason by deactivating your accounts and discontinuing your use of the Services. You do not need to specifically inform us when you stop using the Services.
- If you violate the letter or spirit of these terms, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Compass.To to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.
- In all such cases, this agreement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 3.3; 6; 7; 9 and 10.
- Compass.To also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, suspend, or discontinue the Service (including without limitation, the availability of any feature, database, or content) at any time by posting a notice on the Site or by sending you notice through the Service or via email. Compass.To may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability.
9. Limitation of Liability
- Nothing in the Terms shall affect any statutory rights that you are always entitled to as a consumer and that you cannot contractually agree to alter or waive. The Service is provided “as is” and Compass.To makes no warranty or representation to you with respect to them.
- In particular Compass.To does not represent or warrant to you that:
- your use of the Service will meet your requirements,
- your use of the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from error,
- any information obtained by you as a result of your use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, and
- that defects in the operation or functionality of any software provided to you as part of the Service will be corrected.
- All liability of Compass.To, its officers, directors, employees or agents arising for any loss suffered as a result of your use the site, service, content, user submission or add-to link is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law, save that, if a court of competent jurisdiction determines that liability of Compass.To, officers, directors, employees or agents has arisen, the total of such liability shall be limited in aggregate to one hundred US Dollars ($ 100).
- To the maximum extend permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Compass.To, nor its officers, directors, employees or agents, be liable under contract, tort, strict liability, negligence or any other legal or equitable theory or otherwise (and whether or not Compass.To its officers, directors, employees or agents had prior knowledge of the circumstances giving rise to such loss or damage) with respect to the site, service, content, user submission or add-to link for: indirect or consequential losses or damages; loss of actual or anticipated profits; loss of revenue; loss of goodwill; loss of data; loss of anticipated savings; wasted expenditure; or cost of procurement of substitute goods or services.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or the use of Compass.To exclusively in a state or federal court located in New York. The laws of the State of New York will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in the Southern District of New York for the purpose of litigating all such claims.